Re: XY4 freezing in Win98

> pbreeze wrote:
>
> I've just reloaded XY4 on a Win98 compter (I have Xy3 and XYWin on the
> same computer) and when I try to start it, the system freezes. I've
> tried changing the name of the program to editor1.exe to avoid any
> conflict with XY3, and I've also tried starting from a DOS window
> where I set the path to \XY4 alone, again to avoid it seeing XY3. All
> to no avail. However the program will start if I boot up directly to
> DOS, and don't load windows. Does anybody have any idea what might be
> the cause of the problem?

Doesn't sound like an XyWrite problem. Right click on the Editor.exe
file and check its properties to see if it's looking for something
exotic. It shouldn't be, but just in case....

Worst conming to worst, boot up without getting into Windows (hold
down shift-F8 as you boot and enter command only mode) and see if
the program comes up in pure DOS. You might have a corrupt file.

Mike Shupp
Graduate Student, Dept of Anthropology
California State University, Northridge
ms44278@xxxxxxxx