Re: CONAGENT.EXE

Martin J. Osborne wrote:
See http://www.auditmypc.com/process/conagent.asp
It may well be something malware can take advantage of (a lot of things in Windows fall under that heading), but a file by that name, dated 4/23/99, is a legitimate component of Windows 98 SE. Furthermore, it can cause problems if one has a real-mode keyboard driver loaded; see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214408/en-us; it also seems to be involved in USB connections. I would not be too quick to get rid of it; my AV (Trend Micro PCCillin) finds nothing amiss with the version on my system. Nor did SpyBot search & destroy. Festina lente. Patricia M. Godfrey priscamg@xxxxxxxx