RE: Windows 98 compatibility

Orlay,

The Dos Critical error is caused by a CD ROM Driver interfereing with
Xywrite's INSTALL program.

Reboot your PC and press F8 when you see a single line message saying
starting windows 98......
This should bring up a STARTUP menu. Choose SAFE MODE COMMAND PROMPT ONLY
and then run the Install program from the DOS prompt which comes up.
[A:\INSTALL]

If you do not get the STARTUP menu.
After rebooting, press F8 once a second until the menu comes up.

Once the install is finished, reboot the PC and let it startup normally.

The logon file NAME.LOG is created when you perform the install. The
install ask you for the NAME you want to use for Bookkeeping purposes.

The xxx.LOG file must be missing