Re: virus warning

Reply to note from "xykz"  Wed, 23 Oct 2002
23:39:59 +0200

> You can detect virus-mail for the suspicious attachment as
> msdos.scr or tattoo.exe or lookatme.pic, and delete it
> immediately . Next, you could send a virus-warning message to
> the list.

"You" who? "Detect" how? And "delete" what?

Posts to the list are disseminated by a robot, a piece of software
called listproc that sits on the U.Penn. server. There is no
opportunity to screen or delete messages before they go out to
subscribers. And no mail-list software that I know of sends "virus
warnings" to subscribers. Listproc doesn't.

Heed your own advice and delete messages with suspicious-looking
attachments, sight unseen. C'est la guerre.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx