Re: BigCI

. . . a salient limitation of SE/F is that it fails to find the
target string if the cursor is already on the first character of the
string.

Holey moley! I'm using SE/F all over the place in the programming I'm doing right now, and I didn't know that. Could have been a real problem.

 In most cases you can work around this by backing up the
cursor one position (func CL) before executing the SEarch

, but if
the string is at Top_of_File (CP=0), the cursor has nowhere to go.

You know, now something is making sense: I've been adding a blank line temporarily to the top of files to get around SE problems. Now I know why.

There is the kludge of inserting, then later deleting, a dummy
character at Top_of_File, but it's inelegant.

Speak of the devil.

 My code works
universally.

I will think about adopting it in my SEarches. I, too, don't like adding then removing the carriage return/line feed from the tops of files.

You rejected using VA$FB?

Amazing how useful to me this exchange has been. God bless you, my son.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger