Re: Re file

Reply to note from Mark Garvey  Sun, 28 Mar
2004 16:52:54 -0800 (PST)

> I forgot to say, in my last note, that the value of DR when
> checked from the command line IS showing the directory I
> specified as the default DR. The fact remains, though, that I
> still can't open that 135K file.

Do you still get the same error message? It sure sounded like a
problem with the swap file. How much free space is there on drive
C:?

135K isn't big. Can you CAll another file sized 135K or larger? In
other words, are you sure there isn't something wrong with this
particular file? Unlikely, but worth a try.

When you DIR [filename] on the 135K file, does the file size show as
135K or larger? Once in a while it happens that chunks of junk
attach themselves to a file after the EOF marker. The readable (in
XyWrite) portion of the file may be 135K, but the entire file may be
much larger. Again, a long shot.

Your STARTUP.INT shows that you're loading a .SGT file. How big is
it? Command CLRSGT, to empty all Save/Gets. Now can you
CAll the 135K file?

Do you have the same problem if you run Xy under Windows instead of
DOS?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx