Re: can't reinstall

Reply to note from nikki meredith  Sat, 23
May 1998 22:11:30 -0400

-> I recently had to replace my corrupted hard drive and now I'm
-> unable to reinstall xywrite on the new one.

I can't help with your install problem, but ... once you're up and
running again, I'd strongly second Harry's suggestion of maintaining
*copies* of essential XyWrite program files. A minimal but quite
functional Xy4 setup (EDITOR, STARTUP.INT, and a few key
customization files) will fit neatly -- uncompressed -- on a single
floppy; a fuller setup zips onto one or two diskettes. Those backup
diskettes are the best defense against that quirky install program:
once you have them, you needn't bother with it again.

BTW, should your installation diskettes turn out to be corrupted,
the  site offers guidance on putting together a working
XyWrite system from files available on the Internet.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/