Re: XYWRITE digest 2815

William E. Shawcross wrote:
Many thanks for the pointer. The original message appears to have an error in it -- NET SHARE is needed to show the names of shared printers; NET VIEW just gives you the name of the server.
As it was Robert's post, and as I don't have an up-and-running network
here (too late to boot the ancient PII to experiment; maybe tomorrow),
I'll leave that for now.
I have tried this, and NET accepts the command. However, XyWrite shows
"write fault" when I try to print to LPT1 as usual, and WinGrab does the
same. Any suggestions?
As I've said before, I haven't used Xy III in donkeys' years. Someone
else was having a problem printing from III, and Flash was helping
him, but we never heard how it turned out.
Please, people: if you ask a question and someone starts helping you,
stick with it and let us know what happens. And if you feel you'd
rather help someone off list, at least let us know the outcome.
I need to check this at the office, where I do have an HP attached to
a USB port, under W2K, and print to it from Xy. But that's Xy 4.
Meanwhile, III users, let's hear from you.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx