Re: on offer (2 items)

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Leslie Bialler wrote:

> > I've been kicking myself for the last ten years or so for giving away
> > my XyWrite II disks. Xy III lets you open more than two files and has
> > a very nice customizable help file, but Xy II was AMAZINGLY fast.
> >

> Hmm and hmmm . . . I wonder what Xy I was like. Warp speed I suppose.

That takes us back to prehistory. I don't think there ever was a
released XyWrite I, unless you want to count ATEX. I suspect XyWrite Two
sounded better for marketing purposes-- when Nonlinear Systems got into
the computer business in CP/M times, they named their first computer
the Kaypro Two, to give a misleading impression of prior experience and
the folks in Billerica may have copied the example.

  ms44278@xxxxxxxx
  Mike Shupp
  California State University, Northridge
  Graduate Student, Dept. of Anthropology