XyWrite setup under XP (user account)

Maybe I had a similar problem to the one I am going to explain under
W2000 some years ago but I can't verify that at this moment in the List
files (see my previous message).
I had to set up XyWrite (ansified XyWrite in my case, but it doesn't
matter) under XP. No problem, no jerky cursor at all, but it was
impossible to modify the screen buffer according to my SL default as a
standard user (no problem if I was using the administrator account).
Then, I solved the problem giving full permission to the user for the
XyWrite directory (obviously, it's necessary to switch off before the
simple file sharing typical of XP default installation) and to maintain
the 8.3 filename compatibility.
My intention is merely to warn possible users being afected by the same
problem.
Manuel Castelao