Re: Sort order refinements?

** Reply to note from Jane Van Tassel <101233.342@xxxxxxxx> 20 Feb 97 01:48:41 EST

> Can anyone advise (this is probably quite simple) on how to effect the
> "nothing-before-something" principle in sorting?

> I want to create an index in which, on traditional principles,
> 	Die Liebe#
> precedes
> 	Die Liebe hat gelogen#

Aren't you being bitten by the order of the Ascii character set? Space,
Ascii-32, precedes all other common characters. You could put a space between
Liebe and #. The definitive solution is to load a sortlist (command LDSORT, or
else put a ";SO;" header on the first line of your list and then LOAD it). Read
about it in Customization Guide p.189ff. Works very well, solves your problem.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx