Re: SBS

 OpenOffice 2.4 also does this. I can't speak about WordPerfect.

 M.W. Poirier

------
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Fri,
20 Jun 2008 09:35:12 +0900
Hate to play the role of MS apologist, but Word (at least Word
2000, which is what I have) can do this, and it does it pretty
well, right out of the box. Simply open a document, and then
select "New Window" from the Window menu. This gives you two
windows onto the same document. You can move to different
parts, and all editing changes made in one window are live in
the other, without even having to save the file.

Impressive. I have a later (not sure whether it's the latest)
version of Word at work; I'll have to give it a try. Here at home I
have OpenOffice.org Writer v2.4 and WordPerfect 12, and I don't
think either of them has that feature.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx