Re: Dire straits for Firefox users

Hello Jordan,

I have been wondering the same. If one is paranoiac about this, there is
always the possibility to run the browser within the confines of a
virtual machine, but that can really be an inconvenience. I do all my
banking on the browser, and banking applications require an up-to-date
browser to function. Running different browsers for different
applications would mean quite many complications in daily life, but
going modern and ditching Scrapbook (my number one tool) for something
else feels really bad.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

If necessary, I may just keep on using the last functional ESR for FF on an indefinite basis . . .  because I think the added functionality of those extensions outranks the other concerns.  I have long been buttressing them with use of the other two browsers I mentioned anyway, for various reasons.  At the same time, I have to wonder whether the supposed security risks with the non-updated product are greatly overblown.  I think that could be true, but it may depend to some extent upon one's individual browsing behavior.    Jordan