Re: Printer Drivers for HP 2100TN

With regard to your 300 v. 1200 dpi question,
my experience with XyWrite drivers has been
that if you set the printer's hardware settings
for maximum resolution, the XyWrite drivers
will invariably honor that setting. You must
explicitly have a command in the driver to
change the printer's resolution, and I have never
seen such a command in a XyWrite driver,
though obviously one could be written.
I always use XyWrite's PostScript driver.
(I am speaking of XY 4 of course). Since font
support is such a drag on Xy4, if I absolutely
must have a document printed in some
unsupported font, then I print it in XyWin,
always supposing I can get it to work on
that day. (When I can't get it to work,
it is usually because I have too many
fonts installed.) (I imagine that NotaBene
for Windows would be a better solution,
but I haven't tried it yet.) I must say, after
all these years, that I see no reason to
waver in my commitment to this program.