Re: XyShell Clipboard and conversion of ANSI characters

Robert,
You're right, as usual. The Windows default in Spain (and Western
Europe, I suppose) for the DOS console is Ascii 850 and 1252 in windowed
GUI apps. CHCP works under Win98 SE but 1252 is not a valid code page in
DOS environment (out of range). I also believe that it is not possible
to set font to Lucida Console in a DOS box under Win98SE (Properties
give me a set of bitmap or True Type fonts but without a specific name).
On the other hand, in my current XyWrite configuration, I am using code
page 850 without any problem.
I know that Win98 is not a real OpSys. I am using it because I am afraid
of possible incompatibility issues with my favorite applications under
W2000 or XP (XyWrite, according the posts, works without any problem
under both, but how about Corel Ventura 5 or NetManage Ecco Pro..., for
example), not to mention Linux.
If I follow the procedure your have outlined (vga FONT cp 1252.fnt), my
keyboard doesn't work properly (the displayed characters are completely
different to the ones I am attempting to write). I suppose it is due to
the problem with the 1252 codepage in the DOS box before running editor.exe.
Moreover, I obtain an ugly effect: lines that surround XyWrite menus are
replaced by different alpahnumeric characters (ú, Ä).
I have been testing the fonts included with FONTMAN and the Sanserif one
is the most interesting. They are designed for 437 codepage and,
apparently, they dont's support the 850 one.
Win98SE and W2000 reacts very differently, as you know. Also consider that I am using Uwe Siebert's licensed fonts to obtain the best possible
screen in my 21 inches display (Sibert's fonts for windowed XyWrite
sessions are better than FONTMAN full screen ones). I'll continue to use
CLIP and ANSI2XY in my usual configuration. It's the best possible solution for the moment. I have been away from my city for a couple of days. Excuse the delay in answering.
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
Manuel Castelao