Re: finding files

Years ago I wrote a XYIII+ utility that let you:
1. Select files from any Directory list.
2. Search for any string.
3. List files containing the string. (You could then re-select from among them, if memory serves)
4. Gather paragraphs containing the string and place those paragraphs, along with their filenames,
into a separate file.

For Xy4, I did the same thing, except only for the file currently displayed (so item 2 was
irrelevant). It also allows certain Boolean operations and negative searches. It's in the shipping
version of Xy4's DLG file.

My guess is that NB does a lot better job with Orbis (though I've never used it), since my stuff was
all home-grown (3+) or "official" Xyquest (Xy4) XPL code.

Tim Baehr