From: Harrison, Shawn [mailto:Shawn_Harrison@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 6:13 PM
To: KBF@xxxxxxxx; xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SmartWords

 As I have
indicated in the past, the economics of the word processing market simply
don't justify investment of the resources necessary to develop, market
and
support a full-featured word processor.
 While this release is 16 bit (which can run in
any Windows environment) we have converted may of the internal structures
32 bit providing increased capacities. A native 32 bit editor is under
development.

But it sounds like you *are* developing the word processor -- and as it
stands, XyWrite is *already* "full-featured." What more do you have to
do, except use the normal channels to let people know it exists?

I know, it probably seems futile to compete with MS Word. But believe me,
there are plenty of us serious editors, programmers, and writers who
*need* a better tool than that clunky ol' thing. I don't know if
SmartWords is superior to XyWrite, but I do know that, as far as text
editing and speed are concerned, XyWrite is superior to Word. You've got
something valuable, Ken. It's a real shame to see you sit on it and do so
little.

Another question I have -- XyWrite, SmartWords, and Nota Bene are clearly
the same program. How is Nota Bene for Windows related to this SmartWords
product?

Thanks,
Shawn

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx