Re: ot- buying a new name brand pc with xp

Jordan wrote:
I've bought older model computers specifically to get discontinued features like that, but have also gotten successful results (for others) USB - to - PS/2 adapters, which allowed continued use of the existing keyboard and mouse. I hope to replicate that result on another box with a USB - to - parallel adapter, because I'm not willing to give up my existing printers.
I beg to differ. Some USB-to-PS/2 adapters are either a tiny bit slow or
give problems. I have gone all USB, because it's become universal (as its
name, "Universal Serial Bus," indicates). You can get cheap *cordless* USB
keyboards and mice, which are great.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx