Re: XyWin installation

Interesting to hear of the name difference from German to English. In
English, it's "Safe Mode" in 95 and 98 and even, I belive, ME; I've only
worked on a 2000 machine once, and never on NT, so I cannot say about
them, but "Protected Mode" has always referred to hardware. And yes, you
do have to be running Win 3.1 to install XyWin, but Win 3.1 is just an
environment slapped over DOS, unlike (allegedly) 32-bit Windows (95 on),
which MS would have us believe are "real" OSes. I have three or four
legitimate, unused copies of the Win 3.1 floppies, if anyone needs them.
	The XyWin floppies each consisted of a short file called DISKid and
another that was apparently in some proprietary compressed format, with
an extension of .001, .002, and so on.
	Unfortunately, my proprietary Juno e-mail reader (which has a lot of
good points, like no graphics, so my old-maid eyes are not offended when
I get pornographic spam; the other bad point is that spam blockers don't
work, because it's not IE or Netscape) treats each posting in the digest
as an attachment, and attachments can be opened or saved, but not deleted
by themselves; only the digest as a whole can be deleted. Now I can and
do export each digest to a text file, and I can then go into that file
and cut the dangerous stuff, but that can be risky itself (though since I
don't use Outlook EVER, 98 percent of the stuff has nowhere to go).
Cannot something be done about these silly script kiddies (they don't
even have the skills of crackers, and let's not dignify them by calling
them hackers)?
Patricia