Re: U2 frame

Carl,

Fair enough. I will just JM 2.DFA prior to any JM needing that.

Re Wish list: off the top of my head, I've come up against the following several times and have worked out my own solution. The problem is in changing the order of wild cards. In the following example, [1] and [2] denote two different variable strings I want to swap the order of, the rest is text.

   How [1] are [2] you?

I want to end up with:

   How [2] are [1] you?

There's no way to do that "out of the box." The solution that I've developed is to select the whole thing, then CoPy it below itself, producing:

   How [1] are [2] you?
   How [1] are [2] you?

Then I remove what needs to be removed, using CI/s after having DeFined the two lines:

   CI/s |How [W] are |How |

If I've typed it right here, that produces:

   How [2] you?
   How [1] are [2] you?

Then take out the middle stuff:

   CI/s |you?[crlf]How| are |

which gives:

   How [2] are [1] are you?

Leaving only:

   CI/s |are you?|you?|

 Maybe this could be done better and made more generalized.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx Sat, 10 Sep
2011 10:50:52 -0400

> For v. 120, are requests for features in order? E.g., how about
> a "/a" switch on those frames which require a DeFined block?
> Using /a (or whatever) would signal that the whole file should
> be taken as DeFined.

There are a few critical frames (e.g., ENCODE and DECODE) where
we've decided to force the user to DeFine a block every time in
order to avoid errors of inattention. While I appreciate that
specifying "/A" would indicate the opposite of inattention, some of
these frames are complex and the work involved in making even a
small change without introducing errors is nontrivial. If you have
particular frames in mind, however, let us know and we'll consider
it. In the meantime, remember that frame DFA ("DeFine All") DeFines
the entire file, using a reliable procedure that accounts for quirks
associated with non-eXPanded display types. I have it assigned to
Ctrl-A, to mirror the CUA keystroke, and use it all the time:

30=NOJM(,2,.,d,f,a,)

> If y'all are interested, I can probably come up with more for a
> "wish list."

Sure.

--
Carl Distefano