Re: ASCII--corrected URL

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Richard Giering wrote:

> I have just tried to reach the specified web site
> and I'm told there is no such DSN - Carols: Can
> you check and let me know the proper URL as I have
> a need for understanding the HTML character set
> for my web site.
> Thanks
> Dick Giering

I had given the URL as:

> >         www.hut.fil/u/jkorpela/chars.html

The correct URL is www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/HTML/chars.html. Sorry!

Curiously, I cannot connect to this site, even with the right address,
directly. However, if you do a search for "jkorpela" and "ASCII" in Alta
Vista, this site comes up as one of the hits, and you can click on it. I
don't understand why this is, but there you are! Welcome to the
Information Shantytown.

Cheers,
Carlo Caballero