Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Harry,

The most important reason may be just that we are used to this tool.
There are better text editors, command-line operated text processors,
other very customizable word or text processing solutions. Speed is no
longer an issue. But why change your ways when there is XyWrite which
has not changed in decades? So, do we really want a new XyWrite, or more
of the same with some technical adjustments to things more modern than DOS?

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

There are three main reasons why I, at least, want to stick with XyWrite: 1. XPL (and U2) 2. Command line operation 3. Infinite customizability Now, if we're talking about creating a text editor from scratch, I'm speculating that 2 and 3 are easily achieved.