Re: Someone needs help getting XyWrite III+ to print on win95

REply to message from Carl Distefano  on Mon, 14 Mar 2005
20:27:41 -0500
≪We just need him to copy out his STARTUP.INT longhand, so that one of
us can scan it and post it to the list....≫

I think it would be better if he copied startup.int and settings.dfl to a
floppy, along with a dirlist of his XyW directory, and snail mailed it to
me. Then I'll see if I can figure out what he's doing wrong. Would more
expect XyIII users give me a few pointers if I need them?

≪Nonsense. An e-mail address costs nothing.≫

Yes, but an Internet account does. Even Juno doesn't have totally free
service anymore. It also occurs to me that the phone lines in Carmel may
be such that getting on line is horridly slow. (Heck, in a 100-year-old
building--with phone wires of that vintage--right here in Bergen Co. NJ,
it can be excruciating.) Esp. as I suspect, from his loyalty to W95, that
he may be running on a P 1 or even a 486. And public libraries don't let
you put disks in their drives. Well, they dassn't. There is such a thing
as the digital divide.

Sorry, end of social justice rant.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx