Re: Missing descenders in Notabene

I wonder if there would be demand for a XyWrite-like program that had, or could have, rtf for its native format?
Absit! No, never. Look, one of the things we LOVE about Xy is
that all formatting is transparent: you can see it, you can
change and replace it, you can edit it, you can make macros of
it. _You_ have complete control--not some big brother who has
decided how your doc should look.
(And yes, I am well aware that an awful lot of clueless dweebs
have apparently never read a piece of typeset writing in their
lives. So they use underlining and solid caps and try to mimic
tables by hitting tab or--shudder--the space bar. But abusus non
tollit usum.)
Ability to output to RTF if needed, OK, but we have that now,
thanks to U2. But deliver me from the bloat of RTF as a native
format.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx