Re: auto-correct in 3.58

	I recently installed the latest version
	of 3+ (3.58, I think), and now the
	auto-correct function doesn't work. [...]
	The little "c" still shows on the command
	line, and the shortcut definitions come up
	as suggested corrections, but it doesn't
	correct on the fly like it used to.
			--Jay Harlow

	All the problems I've had with 3.58 spell
	functions have been due to there not being a
	path to the dictionaries in the autoexec.bat
	(or in the environment path for NT).
			--Brian H. (brian.henderson@xxxxxxxx)

Hi, Jay. If you're asking about auto-correct--as
certainly seems to be the case (your Subject: even
says so)--and followed Brian's advice, the problem
probably disappeared.

	Didn't XyQuest eliminate or modify
	auto-correct in 3.56 because of a (frivolous)
	patent lawsuit?
			--Norman Bauman

No. XyQuest had to modify--didn't eliminate--auto-replace
in the last v3 releases. Although this answers a question
that I believe hasn't been asked, I'll note for the record,
in brief, that auto-replace works in those releases if you
insert func AR on five keys in your custom kbd--hyphen,
apostrophe, slash, space, and return--like such:
	53=AR,/
For more detail, go to the xyWrite page at the url
in my sig. ... Ciao. 						--a

	xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants +
	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: