Re: Shift key naming

Carl Distefano wrote:

> > What are the symptoms Xy4 is likely to exhibit?
>
> I can't say since I don't experience any symptoms. What symptoms or
> error messages do _you_ observe?

General instability, little specific. Once, when starting
up, it wrote a whole series of characters at the top of the
file it had loaded while executing startup.int. It's
crashed more than once while doing banal things like opening
and saving files.
At startup, it regularly ignores a CI in startup.int.
Amongst
keyboard commands, it treats NF haphazardly, sometimes as
PD,
sometimes as NF.

> If you're seeing {tab} chars inserted erratically instead of (or in
> addition to) the expected shifting behavior,

no

> you might try changing
> all 15= key assignments to 15=NI -- i.e.,, instead of deleting or
> commenting out such assignments.

I'll try that. They were all commented out.

> If you still
> can't get it to work, send me your KBD file (privately) and I'll
> try.

Thanks for the offer.
As you were aware of problems, I wondered what they were.

I've spent a lot of time trying to eliminate from a heavily
customized 3.55 kbd file things which 4 might dislike but
there's still something in there causing trouble. (The
only source of documentation I have is the Signature
manual.)

I asked in the hope that I don't have to switch shifting
keys - and relearn keystrokes which have become automatic.
(Any replacement is going to be miles away from the Tab
key.)

John