Re: NB thrives in OS/2

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:16:40 -0500 (EST)

>> 100=S-
>> 102=S+

I suggest putting 100=NI,XH,S- (or "NIXHS-", same thing/less memory) on
that CTRL key. It wouldn't work on my machine until I did that (I'm
running it off RCTRL key 80). S+ worked unadorned. Beats me. I
suspect that a lot of these anomalies are legacy problems inherited
from XyWin -- the quality of the flakiness reminds me very much of XyWin,
which never even began to be debugged.

That said, it's stacking two- and three-character commands like NEW, AB,
CA, SA, etc. without any protest. You can check the whole history (such
as it is) with an obscure frame in DLG called "cmdstack" -- just command
"cmdstack ?D" to see what it looks like. Whoops, I see it doesn't
work right in NB: it shows the list of commands, but won't allow you to
put any of them on the CMline -- viewing only.

Uhh, even when it works, this command history facility is totally
pathetic. You do realize that, don't you? There's an alternative that
actually has some power, you know... and that works perfectly in NBWin...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx