Re: Problems With XyWrite v4.014

On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, James D. Besser wrote:

> Forgive me, bretheran, for I have strayed from the righteous. But I
> am back in the fold, and beg your forgiveness.
> > Yes, I was dazzled by visions of WordPerfection.
> > Yes, I committed the unpardonable sin and purchased The Other Wordprocessor.
> > Yes, I used it for two weeks, giving it my heart and soul.
> > But my spirit has been broken by The Mouse.
> > My good name has been ravaged by the errors in the spell checker.
> > My eyes have been blinded by the screen fonts.
> > I have been chastened by the slowness.
> > I am back, fellow XyWriters. Please welcome me back into the community
> of true believers, and offer me solace for the punishment I have endured for
> my sins.

Right on Brother...

I'm an ooold XyWrite user, who has been struggling with
WordPerfect for years, ever since my office installed it. I went
to the Windows version of WP but it was (and is) so unstable
that we never let anyone else in the office use it. The rest of
the office is using ver. 5.1 for DOS.

I've switched to WARP and the 6.1 Windows version is sloooow. So
I ordered Xy4, installed it, and am getting reacquainted. What a
difference. Its fast, and the old mnemonic commands evidently
never left my memory.

Fortunately, I haven't yet experienced any of the problems I've
been reading about here.

:Jacob Green | INET:jake@xxxxxxxx | CIS :73457,3711 |
Voice:201-455-0455:
:  2 Ridgedale Avenue | P.O. Box 551 | Cedar Knolls, NJ
07927-0551  :
:   I will put pithy saying here as soon as I find the time to
   :