Re: XyWrite, Windows XP, etc.

I had a phone-dialing program that used to work with a DOS modem, but no
longer works with a Win modem. It's one of the great programs I lost in
Windows.

(I studied R.J. Holgren's program, figured it out, and wrote one of my own.)

All I had to do was define the phone number in XyWrite, run the macro, and
it dialed my phone through the modem automatically.

Now I guess I'll have to install an old DOS modem to get it working.

How does Hotline work? Does it work with Windows modems?

Norman

At 12:30 PM 10/29/01 -0500, Tom Robertson wrote:

>Fourth; since about 1987, when Andy Glass first told me about it,
>I have been using a program called Hotline to manage my telephone
>operations. With Hotline, I am within about three calls from just
>about everyone who has a phone in this country, I have some
>70,000 numbers from a 1992 database of which a surprising number
>are still valid. I also have a personal phone database of some
>1200 numbers which are all valid. In addition, with two quick
>keystrokes, Hotline dials numbers right off the XyWrite screen
>(including some really long international ones.)

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223