Re: Strange SA/NV behavior--BK is culprit

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Yes! The BK=1 is it. BK=1 also gave me problems with Robert's UNDO. Eventually, I went back to BK=1, because I wanted that safety more than the convenience of UNDO. But now I'm not sure which way to go. I'll have to monitor how often I bless having a .BAK file.
I ended up writing SA.PM to mimic "SA with bk=1" when bk is in fact set
to 0. It has its limitations -- it expects an open file to operate on,
it potentially can be tripped up by VA$MO (whose bugs you know), and
other minor things; it won't work in a situation like SA/NV ARCHIVE.NEW.
Nonetheless, it has real benefits for me in Dosemu and if you want to
play with it I can send it along.

Paul Lagasse