Re: Fw: Lost LPT1

At 11/8/2004 11:01 PM -0500, Avrom Fischer wrote:

If you still can get a parallel port card particularly one that offers a choice between lpt1 and lpt2 why not try putting one into your computer as lpt2 if you can select that as an option on the card. Maybe wndows 98se would recognize that as new hardware. good luck. though I think Branch Ricky said something to the effect that luck is only the residue of preparation or planning.

Thanks for the post. Patricia, who knows more than a thing or two about
printer problems, sent me a very long post on rebuilding the system. I was almost at the point of reformat/rebuild when a tech suggested at least trying to re-installing W98SE over the system on the disk. Since I had nothing to lose at that point, I did it. To make a long story short, it worked. Some problems but they are solvable. Got LPT1 back.
Michael Norman