Re: XYWRITE digest 2854

peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:
This story about HTML internationalization, just out this week, may be of interest to you: http://www.digital-web.com/articles/richard_ishida/
Thanks, I will look at that but I was really hoping to do it as a PDF. And the language I need is 19th-century Romanian (just some snippets), but that was a strange tongue; I say "was" because Romanian has evidently changed out of all recognition, even before the Soviets started trying to insist that it was a Slavonic language. In 1939, when my father, who was born in Romania, was working at the NY World's Fair, he dropped in to the Romanian Pavilion. He couldn't understand a word they were saying, and they had to dig up a professor of comparative linguistics to understand him, so completely had the language changed. And the snippets I have include accented letters that I cannot find in ANY of the charsets (but I may be misreading them; they're quite faded). russurquhart1@xxxxxxxx wrote: > If not, you could also ADD these types of links after the fact, if > you have the full Acrobat package. Just what I don't have and have no intention of getting (Adobe is right up there after M$ and Sony on my "companies I love to hate" list). And what I was hoping to do was use nothing but Xy with the PostGhost driver, GhostScript, and GSView to create the PDF. Probably not up to it; Xy was supposed to be able to let you create links to graphics, but I don't think anyone ever got it to work. Thanks anyway. -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx