vDos cpu usage

Having just upgraded a quite slow Win 7 system to Win 10, I have
noticed that CPU usages across the board seem much lower, except with
vDos, which causes me to raise the question, why does vDos have such
a high and constant CPU usage (about 5%) and is there something that
can be done about it? I'm not complaining, far from it - - but it
does seem like something to work on. - - B
PS I also thought, on this older 1920 x 1080 system, that XyWrite
wasn't looking as sharp as it should - - but discovered that this
could be changed by adjusting the viewing angle of the laptop - -
it's an older one.