indexing: Carlo Caballero's reply

Dear Carlo:
    Thanks much for your response to my query. It, and the silence of
others, reminds me of all the trimming and patching I had to do on the
indexes I have made on Xy. Somewhat reluctantly, I've decided to do ithe
new one by hand.
    However, I am thinking (page proofs won't arrive for a week or two)
of putting terse entries-cum-page-number on a lined pad instead of cards,
then alphing them by computer, and elaborating and consolidating as
appropriate.
    Or does Xy4 (DOS) also limit sorting to 640 k?
    Al best.
                Bruce