Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

>-> I use Netscape because I began with it in '95. But I wouldn't
>-> buy it again after their attempt to throttle MS by legal means
>-> (rather than trying to beat them on the free market).
>
>You would have preferred that Netscape throttle Microsoft by illegal
>means?

Argh, Carl you got me on wording! I should have said "by political means" or
"by coercive means."

> Adopt the same cutthroat, anti-competitive "free market"
>tactics that MS used to ram its "innovations" down our throats and
>claim victory on that account? Doesn't everyone else still lose?

Do we really want to "go there" on this list?
I'll only say, though I don't like Windows (and even preferred CP/M to DOS),
my throat is unrammed. I, and all other users, made their free choices of
what to buy. And many OS/2 users are on this list. Force is force and choice
is choice.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx