Re: bang bang

	All! the! exclamation! points!

	Well, looking at an ASCII Chart, (and you do have such a
	file you can call up in your XYwrite directory don't you?)

	! is 33 Decimal 21 hex and the 'first' visible
			ASCII symbol, so sorting makes it
			first, as in

			Dec Hex Chr
			 33 21 !
			 34 22 "
			 [ ... ]
			100 64 d
			101 65 e
	etc etc. etc.

	Or it could be a help page called up by help if
	users know how to create and edit such XYL frames.
						--Daniel Say

Or users could download an .EXE I wrote from the url
in my sig and assign it, as I do, to a xyW supershifted
Fkey: If you launch AW_HEC without an arg, it gives
a hexdec readout of the full IBM char set with extra
info useful to C programmers. Launched with an h switch,
AW_HEC's a hexdec calculator. You can toggle the modes
after you load AW_HEC from the xyW CMline--
		BC do aw_hec XC
--or from the system prompt:
		C> aw_hec

	If! this! is! not! the! reason! for "!!!!!!", we must
	be told.

Well, if it's *that* imperative: When used as the first
char of all xpl pgm names, yes, ! lines up pgms at
the top of an alphabetical dir list, in other sorts it
makes xpl identifiable instantly and by more concise
names than with a .PGM etc extension. The convention
is useful in xpl itself: e.g., if the first char in
a variable is !, the !xyWise overlay treats the variable
as a pgm and runs it, otherwise !xyWise treats it as
a .HLP frame and loads it.

Btw, a run command for the fragment I lifted from
the !xyWiz session/file manager !!! and suggested
to cycle the xyW3 display through three views--
	{sx12,{va$dt}}{if{pv12}<1}SP NM {ex}{ei}TP {ex}
--of course will wipe out the previous CMline string
unless you waste an ldpm on it or use a utility like
!xyWise that retrieves the xyW3 lost 4. !xyWise
lets xyWrite3 xpl work like a func--restores the
at-launch CMline string intact (including wildcards
& other multibyte chars), CMline cursor position,
CMline/text cursor location, and insert/overstrike
state. One ldpm launches all pgms. ... Ciao. 	--a

		aw_hec / !xyWise / !xyWiz: