Re: xy as html (Cross post)

Subject: @comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

         RE: MY FAVORITE HTML AUTHORING TOOL...NOTEPAD

>From      shacker@xxxxxxxx (Scot Hacker)
Organization  The Xensei Corporation
Date      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:22:27 GMT
Newsgroups   comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

XyWrite is an amazing editor (with a long learning curve), but I found
it unacceptable for HTML authoring for one reason: it puts EOF (end of
file) marks at the end of all documents. Most other word processors,
and XyWrite itself, don't display this hidden character, but if you
view an HTML document made with XyWrite through a browser such as
Netscape, you'll see a little square at the end of the document. There
is NO WAY to remove this or leave it out -- I've talked to XyWrite
gurus about this. In frustration, I crossed XyWrite off my list as far
as HTML is concerned.

- Scot

>You guys ever tried Xywrite Editor? An old DOS based editor. It allows
>keycorad programming and lots of programmable stuff. If you are able
>to customise all the HTML codes into keystorkes, it wil probably be th
>e best HTML editor. There are lots of things that can be customised
>too.
>PHAN

        The Birdhouse Arts Collective
      http://www.birdhouse.org/users/shacker