Re: Zyindex ( non zywrite question)

At 10/20/2004 08:55 PM -0400, Norman Busman wrote:
Is there any way to get dtSearch to recognize files as XyWrite rather than
treat them as text files -- other than giving all the XyWrite files the
same extension?
I don't think so, Norman. The latest build help file says they do NOT
recognize XY, which means they continue to treat them as .txt files. We
were lucky: our transcriptionist only uses MSWord. dtSearch seems to
preserve the formatting in Word so when you use dtSearch to pull chunks of
text -- and it is great at this -- you can figure out easily what *printed
page* that text is on. With a XYDOS file, we have to guess, but we are
usually within a page or two, and besides, XY's search engine is as fast as
dtSearch's so it's easy to coordinate the two. BTW, I have not used Orbis
yet, NB's search and retrieval, but you might take a look at that.

Michael Norman