Re: odd tabular DOC difference -- XY3 vs. 4

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> At 05:19 PM 1/1/01 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Ever since its earliest version, years ago, I have continued to
> >edit this file in III+ rather than 4. Despite having all (?) the
> >relevant defaults in SETTINGS.DFL set to emulate the 3+ file
> >standards, when I open this file in XyDOS 4, it does not line up
> >properly onscreen, and the printout won't be right either. I
> >have tried manually changing triangles to DI and LI -- not sure
>
> Sounds strange! I have lots of files of the type you describe (I use this
> format for language glossaries) and they were all started in XY3 and are
> continued in XY4. Never seen the problem you describe. Really stupid
> question up front: In addition to editing the tab space triangle to "di",
> did you also make the corresponding change in the settings.dfl file?

Thanx for the reply. Not sure what you meant, though. I have the lines

; TS is tab stops
df ts=8DI,16DI,24DI,32DI,40DI,48DI,56DI,64DI,72DI,80DI,88DI,96DI,104DI

which I take to be standard. At least, there's no annotation, which I
probably would have done if changing anything. Nothing else relating to
Tabs, except the RT value.

Jordan