Re: glitch putting Xywrite on Windows XP

Reply to note from Lynn Brenner  Tue, 2
Aug 2011 18:38:18 -0400

> Should I write this file at the Dos prompt? Alternatively, can
> I write it in Windows Notebook -- and if so, where do I save
> it?

The DOS prompt is fine. (I assume you're familiar with the COPY CON
command.) It's easier to use a text editor, though -- XyWrite, to
pull an example out of the air.

Save the file in any directory you choose (for example, your \XY
directory).

I don't know what three dots in the Path means. One dot and two dots
are used to indicate relative paths (".\" refers to the current
directory, and "..\" to the directory immediately above the current
directory). I'm guessing that "..." is just a placeholder, and can
safely be omitted.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx