RE: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017

>-> Here's something interesting: the error beep you get when you
>-> hit enter on a blank command line (and I get the message "There
>-> is no command on the command line")--it doesn't beep every
>-> time. I.e., keep hitting enter with nothing on the Com line and
>-> see if you get a beep each time. I don't.
>
>My normal Error Beep setting is inaudible -- I dislike squeaks and
>beeps. But, if I set EB to, say, 2000,15000, I do get a beep every
>time. Hardware may be a factor.

Yep, that's it. It's some sort of timing issue. If the beep is short, it
doesn't always hit right in some timing cycle.

BTW, what does each number represent, because I can't find any linear
relationship by playing around with them. Maybe 32k is the limit for each?

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx