RE: Back-patting

My apologies to list members. (I had meant to forward Jon Ingg's message to
a colleague who is skeptical about anything from the pre-Windows era; I did
not mean to reply to the list.)

In any case, I have used various versions of XyWrite since the late 1980s.
For several years I used it extensively for preparing teaching materials.
Now that I'm in the private sector (economics consulting firm) I try to use
it whenever I can, working around the limitations of my office, which is a
confirmed Microsoft office. At one time I saw some minor advantages in using
Word's equation editor - I'm an economist, so I often use math in my
documents - but Word has become so slow and cumbersome for such purposes
that I rarely use it for math. When I need to do a lot of math typing, I
shift to Scientific Word, which is basically a Windows interface for TeX.
I'd love to hear about better (or simpler) solutions or add-ins) that would
allow me to type math (including decently formatted fractions, etc.) in
XyWrite.

Alan J. Daskin (Jeff)