Re: XyWrite and Windows 7

The bottom line is that XyWrite is 16-bit code and Windows 7 (64-bit
version) won't run 16-bit code. For this you have to install the XP
Virtual Machine software and XP itself (both available free to W7 owners
by download from Microsoft). You then crank up XP and run XyWrite in
that. Actually it is yet another virtual machine -- the NTVDM CPU --
that runs 16-bit software in XP, Vista, and W7 (32 bit). Some things
are easy, but this is not.

This has been tested on a W7 64-bit installation with 8 GB RAM and it
seems to work OK. I still haven't unscrambled the issue of permissions
so I can get the folders I want (\XY and \TXT) into my root directory --
but I will!

--

Visit my web page if you are brave of heart -- http://www.shawcross.net