Re: debugged sweep yet?

** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen
 on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:49:44 -0400

Judith, I forgot about fixing SWEEP. The problem is in a
subroutine (FUNCTEST) called by another process (XMACRO)
called, in turn, by SWEEP; FUNCTEST is wiping out a critical
SWEEP value (S/G 76). Carl is author of both XMACRO and
FUNCTEST, and he's on vacation for a few more days; but I
have tentatively renumbered two Save/Gets in his FUNCTEST
frame, and I think this is acceptable (not going to lead to
any conflicts).

So, here's what I would like you to do to get SWEEP working
pronto.

First, open up U2. Find frame FUNCTEST (se "functest*}}".
In this frame only, change all instances of "76" to 74, and
all instances of "77" to 75 (just three or four instances of
each).

Second, make sure that you installed the two fixes for frame
{{5CH*,CI*,CV*,SE*}} that I mentioned to you back on 11
March. I think you did that already. If you've installed
our recent U2 v112, don't do anything (I fixed it
permanently).

Now command LOADHELP, to SAve changes to U2.

Try your search, on the CMline, using this precise format
(I'm adapting an example you offered in a msg to this
group back in January):

sweep [SV50,*.*"search_term"],JM2.se,Q2

That will search all files in the current dir and all
subdirs of current dir for search_term. Don't forget the
availability of the special wildcards "&" (AND) and "\" (NOT),
in addition to the ordinary "O" (OR) wildcard, which work
on whole strings (command "HELP SE*" to learn how to
install those wildcards in your KBD file -- they can help
mightily in pinning down the files you're looking for).

Lemme know how it works.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx