Re: LFN Utilities for Win32

** Reply to message from cld@xxxxxxxx on Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:11:10 +0000

>> Thanks for the explanations (and sorry for my error in trying to use
>> 'new' (I use 'ne' as an abbreviation that expands upon entering a space,
>> so I'm in the habit of issuing 'new')). 'ne' works fine, as you say.

> Actually, NEW *is* a legal command, as in NEW newfile.foo -- perfectly
> acceptable native syntax.

But these LFN Utils didn't accept or understand NEW (only NE). However, I
changed the programs' behavior this morning, and now they do accept CALL, NEW,
and also READ (although the last is preempted by another framename) in addition
to the recognized CA, NE, and RE (all of which also accept DisplayType
arguments, e.g. "CA/1 filename" to display "filename" in Draft mode [=1]).

I've now repackaged EVERYTHING together in one ZIP, for simplicity -- three
files:

XYWWWEB.U2
XYWWWEB.INF
KMD.EXE

 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/LFN.ZIP

Just swap any new U2 for the old one (i.e. overwrite -- when XyWrite isn't
running).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx