RE: 'adding tilde to kbd file '

Carl Distefano said:
Or you're not producing [255] correctly: Hold
down Ctrl-Alt-Shift; press 2-5-5; release the keys. The resulting
character usually looks like a space, but ...

Carl - I'm interested in these three-byte ASCII's. However, it appears
I'm not producing [255] correctly, either. When I press
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+255, it waits for two more characters, interprets those
two characters as a Hex character, and produces the specified character.
For instance, pressing the following sequence:

	Ctrl+Alt+Shift+255,7,E

immediately produces a tilde. Apparently I cannot produce an ASCII-255 --
the program interprets it and waits for the rest of the "three byte
character" so that it can spit out a one-byte character. That make sense?
Any clue what's going on? TIA.

Shawn

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx