Re: Resurrection of XyWrite

Alas, I am not very optimistic about XyWrite's future. I met the gentleman
who introduced me to XyWrite while on a magazine assignment in 1975 (I was
the photographer, he the writer).

In 1986 I wanted to transition from the typewriter to a "Word Processor" and
solicited suggestions from my friend who was then working for the "New York
Times." He fairly shouted the praises of XyWrite. Case closed. I bought
XyWrite 3.?? and have stuck with it through the latest versions, both DOS
and Windows.

I offer the above trivia to give some perspective to the fact that my friend
now writes with, gasp, cough, Word. No one forced him to, it came installed
on a computer, he tried it and liked the way he could convert files easily
from formats his freelancers' use, he can email and fax directly from Word
and it handles coding changes well enough.

As far as XyWrite's flexibility? He never used it, but opined it might be a
nice tool for editors or "data people."

We are the last generation.

Best,
Jon