Re: XyWrite

I didn't say that I see no need for OS/2 or a product like it. I simply
reported that in my small universe of a few thousand users and all of my
friends and colleagues with whom I have worked over about 15 years in the
computer business NOBODY, literally NOBODY, is using OS/2. As I said, I see
(hear) zero demand for it from my users. I'm not making any judgements about
the merits of OS/2 just commenting on what might be a reasonable marketing
decision, namely developing an HTML driver for XyWrite for Windows. Doesn't
mean there shouldn't be an OS/2 version of the the product. After all, some
people will chose their operating system in order to run their chosen products.
I'm one. So far I haven't come across any compelling OS/2 application.

OS/2 is a useful product, no doubt about it. Microsoft could use the
competition. My personal view is that it won't even challenge Apple for OS
market share unless Microsoft screws up. I note however that IBM's marketing is
shaping up. I got a copy of WARP for free on a CDROM bundled with a $2.50
magazine this week. It's a 45 day try and buy offer.

TTG listens? Don't get carried away now :-)