Re: re Northgate keyboards

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:49:44 -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

>** Reply to message from "R Tennenbaum"
>on Sat, 06 Jan 2001 19:48:30 -0500 (EST)
>

>> I take keyboards in and offer them clean fingers and
>> lean prose. You can never have too many of them, I believe.
>
>You "take them in" *where*? Who repairs them?

I mean I take them into my home off the street, or else I abuse listservs
by sidling up to their birth parents and offering some sort of
unscrupulous deal.

Actually for me the best place to find good keyboards is at thrift
stores, believe it or not. While I like l.-hand function keys, they're
not as important to me as solid (preferably metallic) tactile feedback
such as the old IBM keyboards offer -- anyway, there are a lot of these
floating around. Often they're filthy, but they're easy to clean, and
stuck keys aren't at all difficult to fix. And they're *very* durable.

>Robert Holmgren
>holmgren@xxxxxxxx

-Rafe T.
www.ray-field.com