Re: Printing graphics characters with XY

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Fri, 12 Apr 2002
20:56:39 -0800

Jordan:

> Today, I needed to send a fax cover page to someone, ... with
> Xy4DOS): the heavy fill-in boxes, single lines, and double line
> borders all print out as some foreign "a" character, with
> circumflex, grave, or whatever that darn thing is called.

What's your default codepage in Xy4 and XyWin? Probably 850.
(Command VA/NV LA to find out.)

If it's 850, embed an  at the top of your document (or in any
case ahead of any graphics), and your graphical chars should print
out OK, assuming that the selected typeface supports them.

This isn't an issue in Xy3, where you can have any codepage you want
as along as it's 437. (At least, I don't *think* it's adjustable.
Like you, I hesitate to speak on matters that are ancient history to
me. If I'm wrong, "3" mavens will no doubt correct me.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx